Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Pink Rebirth

The time spent with you could best be described as "Valentine's Day heart flutter", and your pink radiance is the nectar my mind acquires to color my world in brilliant lucidity.

Not a single word you said escaped my gaze. I listen. Closely. Ignoring the untouched cup of coffee and forgotten pastry. I don't pay attention to any of the problems in my life, for fear that I may miss a precious thing you speak.

Idiots dance behind us in their stupid conformity of dirty sex, social smugness, and inflated egos to carefully conceal their inner turmoil. Playing slot machines with perverted hands that once held our trust.

But time stands still when I'm next to you, as it has always been. To the girl with the pink highlights: it has been a gift being with you. We may have never woken up together to a sweeter morning, but tonight we drink to the sweet sunset.