Thursday, November 22, 2012

In Shadows Growing Wings

Insecurity, my greatest weakness.

In this year I have shredded every single mite of such disease that was left on my body when I was discarded and left to pray for rain. And when I'm God - the rain as commanded arrived.

When you live in an emotionally abusive household from the age of 13 until the day of freedom, the night before the 18th birthday, though you may survive, the remnants of such horrible torture can still infect your mind. Always questioning yourself, questioning your worth, never being enough in your imagination for whoever casts eyes on you, and the torturous feeling of unwarranted guilt.

And to enter the work force with the purest intentions, to only be eaten alive by predators with fake smiles and mile long personal agendas. You don't need to be in a war to see the ugly side of human nature, it occurs on a daily basis on every street corner, and every place which makes a dollar. Putting feathers up your ass doesn't make you a chicken, and wearing the aesthetic of concern like a good guy badge doesn't change an employer's actions.

I scorn and spit upon the masses who are dull enough to have their sensory abilities be sugared upon and sweetened to the point of blindness.  Undefiled wisdom is the true virtue in acquiring knowledge, even if the information gathered frightens you.

Test everything! Believe nothing.

In shadows growing wings, I was an innocent boy looking for home, and I was in a cocoon in the form of a cave - and now I have risen. Overneath.