Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Apartment Ritual

An old poem I found that I wrote during the summer. As I have invited many of my personal friends to visit this site on leisure, I'll continue to post more archived writings I find.


The Apartment Ritual

Anxiety flashes in the shape of a twitch
Every inch of skin glowing at the sound of the phone
Vibrant and attentive like pupils
and asphyxiation as her lust flashes in my ear

Yesterday I held a thanatophobia shape
but tonight she's a corpse
"When you breathe in the fumes,
does the Holocaust elucidate your violent mind?"
I question as I obey natural course

"Pretty As A Swastika" in the stereo system and it starts
With every lick and every kiss I burn a Christmas picture
Burn offerings for the night of June 7th
Reflection on fangs, not a whisper

"let me show you where it hurts" is intended
A thrust, was her moan to be attentive?
Every guitar riff, every synth drum, she drives further.
And I fuck furiously burning like the heart of anger
And heart beats, and beats, and beats,
Until I end the ritual with "So it is done."