Sunday, May 29, 2011

"Relationships are such a bore."

I'm starting to lose complete interest in relationships. Being an observant of the people around me, most of the time it doesn't seem like love, but rather confining traps of insecure people too lonely to be by themselves and projecting their desires and hopes for their future into another person. Those who are not in a relationship are automatically placed in the category of "looking."

What's wrong with promiscuity? I don't see anything wrong in accepting the sheer honesty in that biological infatuation that lasts for a couple of months isn't love, but rather just a high that everybody experiences as a normal part of life. And I'm fine with it. I love the feeling of "loving" while fully understanding that it isn't too different than a blowjob.

Just the human body saying "I'm totally getting a rush right now."

Love is defined by me as strong friendship and allegiance. It is people playing on the same team for the same goals. That doesn't mean a guilt and pity filled relationship nor a completion of a social game and making her completely infatuated with you, but intense attachment that stands the test of time. Love for a person's complete personality, including their flaws.

You know as I keep getting older, I'm more adept at organizing my thoughts and being able to figure out why I feel a certain way about a person. For example, with the next person I choose to call my girlfriend, it's not going to be for her image or how attractive she is (as I have mistakenly done in the past couple of years) but rather because I enjoy spending time with her and would like to align myself with her as a part of a team. But that doesn't mean I'm going to allow myself to decline into the position in where I think she is "the one." I'm going to feel that way, I know I will, because I'm twenty damn years old and my hormones are going crazy and jumping from one place to another.

But like Dr. Anton LaVey said, "there is a beast in man that must be trained, not tamed." You need to fully be aware of your instincts and utilize them as tools, instead of submissively letting your biological fires guide you into anarchy.

Back to relationships however, love won't be a word that is going to be used very lightly. Wasting it on people that you no longer feel for in that respect, or worse, getting fucked up and high and whispering it into a girl's ear so that she'll lick your abs and cock in the next room, just makes it less meaningful.