Saturday, June 4, 2011

Subjective Blindness

There's a pile of papers on my desk that I need to work on. Every now and then I get distraught and think that I don't have the ability to filter through them, or work through the ones that need attention. But then I remind myself that it isn't because I don't have the ability to do so, but because I simply don't have time for it. Other more important tasks take priority over them.

There is so much that I would like to accomplish, but I'm not in a position in where I can get started. I'm not in a position where I can dust off my shirt and say "alright, let's do this." The frustration won't take over me, though. Each and everyday I'm working on making time for that stack of papers on my desk, and one day they are going to be accomplished.

I'm very easily frustrated with the charlatans of the world, especially when people I love so dearly give them attention out of lust or anger against me. They fail to recognize that they are wearing make-up instead of holding any real authenticity. The pretty cute girl who is crying is always going to receive more attention that the truly hurt girl who is doing her best to smile.

The stupid fucks who think that they are in some sort of abyss most likely only have a single blank page next to their desk, and the worst part of it all, is that their family is filling out the form for them. Yet they complain about having work on their desk and scream and proclaim it to the world, shouting it at every corner that they can.

It makes me sick that there's people like that in the world, who cry wolf. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that I will receive an endorphin rush when I complete my stack of papers, and that silly idiot in his laziness will receive no emotional accomplishment whatsoever.

Go ahead and let him cry on your shoulder, it makes me easy to filter and discriminate the stupid from the ones who force themselves to see the world objectively instead of succumbing to subjective blindness.