Monday, August 29, 2011

All of the Lights

"ALL OF THE LIGHTS, EVERY NIGHT. ALL OF THE LIGHTS."

My life is an iridescent heaven. It's not so much due to what I acquired, but rather the very fact that I dreamt something and brought it to fruition. I was a child, then a teen, and now an adult. At this very moment I am "in a Portland coffee shop, typing out a new blog post on my computer, and enjoying the sound of gentle delicate rain on the window" and it is not even September.

This is still only the beginning. Very well could I construct a sentence that perfectly outlines what I have to say, but our dear friend Friedrich W. Nietzsche has already articulated it for me...

"Not contentment, but more power; not peace at any price, but war; not virtue, but efficiency... What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power in man, the will to power."

...as has my dark father Dr. LaVey, "Magic: The change in situations or events in accordance with one's will, which would, using normally accepted methods, be unchangeable."

But for now, I breathe in these seconds, the seconds of a foggy afternoon, with damp trees, a gray sky, beautiful women and intelligent men walking down the street, a state more in tune with nature and devoid of commercialism and fame, and a city that welcomed me  like a new friend.

I feel at home.